David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Inläggav slotcar7 26 apr 2010, 16:35

Hi guys, I'm a vintage slot car sets collector based in London, and i'm desperate to find some news (and pictures) about the danish brand DMI that, for what i know, in the 60s and the 70s produced the Elmodan track system. I guess it was in H0, but i've read it could be also in 1/32. Can you please help me in my research? i'd like even to buy, if possible..i've tried to contact a lot of people in many different countries but..no answer! So, please..

Cheers, david
Senast redigerad av Borgis 12 mar 2015, 22:18, redigerad totalt 2 gånger.
Anledning: Ämnesrubriken ändrad till mer relevant natur.
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Re: Dansk Modelflyve Industri - Elmodan

Inläggav Ravajack 26 apr 2010, 18:07

A little info on Elmodan here.

It's an article from a swedish pop tech magazine, dating from march 1960.
In short the old article tells us that Elmodan indeed was 1/32, not H0.
The Elmodan ”career” spanned from the late 1950s to early-mid 1960s.
The cars were rather mechanically advanced even by today's standards.
A standard set contained pieces for a plastic track oval (22" x 38,5"), two
controllers and two VW Beetle cars running on 12-14V AC. Power source
could be any model railway AC transformer.

Good luck in finding a set!
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav slotcar7 26 apr 2010, 19:44

Thanks a lot.. :D ..in just few minutes i got more pieces of information than in more than one year..Swedish people :up:

Now, the next step would be finding a set..i can spend up to 1,000 euros..if someone is interested..

Cheers to you all, david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Ravajack 26 apr 2010, 19:55

Extra bonus here: Close-up of a period (1957-58) all-metal Elmodan car:

Bild

And I think your best bet in finding a set of this elusive Elmodan brand would be — Denmark.
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav ymigs 26 apr 2010, 20:08

There's an article about Elmodan in the slot car magazine Car on line - number 69 from May 2003.
Currently for sale on German Ebay.
Sloth Racer of Scuderia Megalonychidae...
Användarvisningsbild
ymigs
Testförare

Klubb: TRS

Inläggav slotcar7 26 apr 2010, 20:27

Guys, you're unbelievable.. :o ..i'll bid on that magazine on ebay..i check almost every day on ebay uk, france, germany, italy, spain, belgium, netherlands, us, but so far every time i put in the search box the word "elmodan"..nothing at all..and now, finally :)
Of course i know that, in theory, the probabilities of finding something should be higher in Denmark, but every time i look on qxl, that's the danish ebay, for what i understand, always nothing..and the few times i tried to contact a danish slot car forum i later gave up, because swedish is already a difficult language to interpretate, but danish is absolutely impossible for me.. :-? i'll try again, but i'm a bit scared :( ..if someone good in danish can help me..i'd really appreciate it!

Just one last question, please: how did you get those pictures of the vw?

Thanks again to you all, david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Scalex 26 apr 2010, 22:45

More photos of the VW. The guy who owns them is a VW freak so they are not for sale .
Rgds Jocke

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Slotcollector av STORT format :-)
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav slotcar7 27 apr 2010, 16:40

Hi, thanks for the pictures, really interesting..

You know, the point is that i'm trying to build one of the biggest vintage slot car sets collection..I've already got more than 300 vintage sets (1937-1985) of about 45 different brands, and many vintage slots as well in all the scales, but to me has been easier to find some sets that usually are considered quite hard to get, like Tippco Reichsautobahn, National Toys Tris, Heras with Mercedes Bus, Playcraft Champion still sealed, Policar Ippodromo, Policar Mini, Marusan Red Cross Rolls-Royce, etc..rather than finding anything about Elmodan..some friends of mine, great collectors, didn't even know its existence..!

So, i'll carry on looking for..! And if any of you knows the existence of other brands quite unknown that made some sets..i'm here to listen!

Thanks, david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Crewe Alex 27 apr 2010, 19:44

slotcar7 skrev:Hi, thanks for the pictures, really interesting..

You know, the point is that i'm trying to build one of the biggest vintage slot car sets collection..I've already got more than 300 vintage sets (1937-1985) of about 45 different brands, and many vintage slots as well in all the scales, ...
So, i'll carry on looking for..! And if any of you knows the existence of other brands quite unknown that made some sets..i'm here to listen!

Thanks, david

Hi David,

Nice to hear about your mission to build that slot car collection. You probably have more knowledge about different brands than most of us. But if we can help it would be fun. There are some guys on this forum with a lot of knowledge as well. It would help if you could tell which 45 different brands you have till now and if limit to anything else than slot track sets of any size between 1937-1985.

As far as I know Elmodan is the only Scandinavian brand and hopefully some of our danish friends who visit our forum could help you further.

By the way Jocke don't you have pictures of another Elmodan racer? I think you tried us in the guessing competition last year.

And Ravajack, I also regret missing out on the auction on Tradera some 5-6 years ago. It would have been nice to have that Elmodan set now. Unfortunately I have no idea who bought it but I think I remember it going to Denmark.

Now I have done some research and actually found some interesting links between Elmodan and LEGO. Yes it's true! The VW-bodies were actually made by LEGO. And some of those bodies could have been made in Norway. I give you the opportunity to search further here:
http://www.miniland.nl/Historie/vw%20groot%20eng.htm
http://www.miniland.nl/Historie/mecline/lego_vw%20beetle%20eng.htm

On that last page you can also find these pictures:
Bild
Bild
Bild

Hope this is of any help David. :thumb: Would be fun to see your collection some day. :beer:
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Scalex 27 apr 2010, 20:01

The Elmodan VW:s are 1/32 Not H0 or LEGO. Not the one i have seen :-?
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Stirling Moss 27 apr 2010, 20:48

Lego VW body is 1:38 scale, so it may be possible

here is one more link saying the body was made by Lego

http://vw-model.dk/register/ABC/E.htm

Best regards,
Moss
Användarvisningsbild
Stirling Moss
Kartläsare

Inläggav Jormungandr 27 apr 2010, 21:49

that's why it's called "Legotillverkning" ;-) or in English "subcontracting"

sorry, it's a untranslatable joke
>:-D TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Tonfisk jävlars spårrejsing
Användarvisningsbild
Jormungandr
Testförare

Inläggav Scalex 27 apr 2010, 21:58

Oki. You`r right offcourse :D lego for me is the 1/84 (H0) scale.

Stirling Moss skrev:Lego VW body is 1:38 scale, so it may be possible

here is one more link saying the body was made by Lego

http://vw-model.dk/register/ABC/E.htm

Best regards,
Moss
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Inläggav racefun 28 apr 2010, 00:29

slotcar7 skrev:Guys, you're unbelievable.. :o ..i'll bid on that magazine on ebay..i check almost every day on ebay uk, france, germany, italy, spain, belgium, netherlands, us, but so far every time i put in the search box the word "elmodan"..nothing at all..and now, finally :)
Of course i know that, in theory, the probabilities of finding something should be higher in Denmark, but every time i look on qxl, that's the danish ebay, for what i understand, always nothing..and the few times i tried to contact a danish slot car forum i later gave up, because swedish is already a difficult language to interpretate, but danish is absolutely impossible for me.. :-? i'll try again, but i'm a bit scared :( ..if someone good in danish can help me..i'd really appreciate it!

Just one last question, please: how did you get those pictures of the vw?

Thanks again to you all, david

Hi David
I am Danish, how can I help you?
translate? Posting in dk fora?

I tryed Elmodan as a kid, but have absolute no knowledge of it.

If you want to buy a elmodan racetrack/cars you should ask here: http://www.frederiksbergauktionshus.dk/ that is the biggest toy auktion in DK
Användarvisningsbild
racefun
Depåman

Klubb: racefun

Inläggav slotcar7 28 apr 2010, 15:58

Hi guys, thanks for your help..

Someone asked me for a list of brands i've got..well, that's the list (not complete anyway, because some sets are hidden from my memory!):

1-Circuit 24
2-Gege
3-Joma Miniamil
4-Jouef
5-Strombolid
6-Troby
7-Biller
8-Brawa
9-Carrera
10-Faller
11-Fleischmann
12-Gama
13-GGN
14-Heras
15-Marklin
16-Prefo
17-Rasant
18-Stabo
19-Tippco
20-Uniropa
21-Lincoln
22-Ok Kader
23-PMC
24-Speedking
25-Speedtrax
26-Trix
27-Dromocar
28-Monteleone
29-National Toys
30-Policar
31-Polistil
32-Bandai
33-K
34-Marusan
35-Nichimo
36-Yonezawa
37-Novo
38-Jye
39-Airfix
40-Matchbox
41-Minic
42-Playcraft
43-Scalextric
44-SRM
45-Tri Ang
46-VIP
47-Wrenn
48-Gilbert
49-Strombecker
50-Tempo
and some more i don't recall at this moment..!

About posting some pictures, i could do it, but just if someone explain me how to do it..!

Ah, yes please, Racefun! I've already called the auction house you told me, but :( they said they never heard about Elmodan..so, if you can write in some slot car forums or websites in Denmark i'd really appreciate it..and a free tour of London will be yours :) !

Cheers, david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Nästa

Återgå till Bilbana & allmänt