Lola slår vantarna i bordet

Här diskuteras allt som har med världen i skala 1:1 att göra.
Allt från den nya katten till den gamla volvon...

Lola slår vantarna i bordet

Inläggav Ravajack 16 okt 2012, 07:01

Trista och tråkiga tidender: :(

Vintage Motorsports Magazine skrev:
Lola Cars International Closes Doors

Bild
The iconic Lola T70 MkIIIB coupe

Huntingdon, U.K. Lola Cars International, which built many of the most iconic racing cars over the past 54 years, is defunct. The race car manufacturer founded by Eric Broadley in 1958 has closed its doors, a victim of the world economic slowdown. Bankruptcy administrators took over the company in May, and began seeking a buyer for the firm. At the end of September it was determined that there was no buyer for the financially-strapped company and its more than $30 million in debts.

Beginning with the Mk I in 1958, Lola developed a plethora of race cars now stalwarts in vintage racing, such as the Lola T70 spyders and coupes, the underpinnings of the Ford GT40, IMSA and Group C prototypes, Formula Fords and FB, F5000, Indy cars and F1 chassis.

In an Oct. 9 statement, the company said, "At the end of September, having not received an acceptable offer for the business as a going concern, we considered whether or not we should continue trading. During the first week of October, we concluded that a going concern sale of he business was not going to be possible, and the company ceased to trade on Friday, Oct. 5, which unfortunately led to the redundancy of the remaining staff working in the business." A total of 114 jobs have been eliminated.

Lola Composites, which fabricates parts for military and commercial applications, is also under bankruptcy protection but remains open as administrators seek a buyer for that division. A total of 62 staffers remain at the Composites facility. The Lola name, trademarks and intellectual property rights to the firm's designs are held by Lola Group Holdings, which is still trading.

Lola Cars supplies chassis to a number of racing series, including the American Le Mans Series' LMP1 and LMP2 classes, run by Dyson Racing, Patrick Dempsey and Rebellion Racing.
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Re: Lola slår vantarna i bordet

Inläggav Jormungandr 16 okt 2012, 11:35

Mycket tråkigt. så otroligt många läckra vagnar som rullat ut ur den lilla fabriken. :( Jag läste någonstans att Lola är världens framgångsrikaste bilmärke, sett till antalet segrar (de flesta i America i Indy och liknande) Vet inte om det är sant, men det verkar inte vara helt otroligt.
>:-D TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Tonfisk jävlars spårrejsing
Användarvisningsbild
Jormungandr
Testförare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Återgå till Allmänt 1:1