David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

Re: Dansk Modelflyve Industri - Elmodan

Inläggav Ravajack 20 maj 2010, 00:20

Crewe Alex skrev:And let's hope you can dig up some Welkut stuff.

Well, dig, dig, dig... :-;
And what do we have here? :o
Blimey, some Welkut stuff!!! :w00t:

Bild
Ad in Model Maker #03/1959.

Bild
Ad in Model Maker #09/1959.

Bild
Set review in Model Maker #12/1961

Bild
A rare Welkut Gordini 1/40 scale slot car.

Cheers! :beer:
Dig, dig, dig, dig... :-$
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Crewe Alex 20 maj 2010, 00:31

Ravajack you are the best! :banana: :banana: \m/
slotcar7 skrev:3 - Pedenco - Hong Kong, 60s

Regarding Pedenco I definitely don't know much more than what Bernard writes:
"MAKER OF 1/43 SLOT CARS IN THE 1960S. THIS SET WAS EXPORTED FOR THE GERMAN MARKET. ITS UNUSUAL BECAUSE OF THE TRAIN WHICH DOS NOT HAVE ITS OWN TRACK BUT USES THE 3RD OUTER LANE FOR ITS USE."

Strange description in my opinion since I define the train track to be it's own rather than a 3'rd outer lane. But OK it gives a peculiar possibility to race a train against the cars. The track part for the cars seems to be the standard 4" Artin/Speedking from those days. The cars however are rare it seems. Not even Georg have tham as I understand. But they remind a lot of some Cragstan cars and my conclusion is that the cars were made at the same factory as those Cragstans. You can compare in the pictures below that I took from Bernhard. Also the triggers are unusual. Haven't seen them elsewhere.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Here are the Cragstan cars:
Bild

I find this mix of cars and train quite fun and would like to find a set like this. But I must admit that the cars are really ugly. But I have another set with a car/train mix by the name Speeder.

Maybe it's a long shot but if you want to know more about this Pedenco set that was made for the German market you could try to get in contact with Pedenco Außenhandelsgesellschaft mbH in Hamburg. There could be a connection. :rolleyes:

By the way David, do you have anything from Tomland or Talbot Toys?

Now I'm going to read about Welkut.

Later
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Ravajack 20 maj 2010, 00:46

...and in the digging department we've also come up with the UK counterpart to this wooden artefact:
Seems like Bertil Beckman & Co. wasn't alone with the idea of producing balsa wood car kits in the pioneer years. This kit from SMEC (Scale Model Equipment Company) is very similar to the Behco (?) Maserati (assuming the rubber band in the SMEC kit isn't also the powersource... Or? ). I also seriously doubt that the whittler will end up with an ALTA, but rather an Alfa (Romeo)...

Bild
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Ravajack 20 maj 2010, 00:58

Bernard Sampson skrev: Bild

So much for this "expert" collector... %-p
This is definitely no Porsche, but as anyone can see, a Chaparral 2D in the Daytona 1966 fashion.
Should be white #66, though, not pinkish #17... %-p Again.
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Crewe Alex 20 maj 2010, 10:48

Ravajack skrev:So much for this "expert" collector... %-p
This is definitely no Porsche, but as anyone can see, a Chaparral 2D in the Daytona 1966 fashion.
Should be white #66, though, not pinkish #17... %-p Again.

Let's face it. We are not dealing with top-of-the-line slot car history here but it's great to put things right. I had never seen a Porsche in that shape before and it explains why I couldn't find one at Georges either. Because Georg has it listed as a Chevrolet %-p

Bild

But to close this case we also need a clarification of the other car in the Pedenco/Cragstan set. Bernard lets us know that it is a Ferrari:

Bild

But Georg has it listed as yet another Chevrolet of unknown type:

Bild

Therefore now the question is, Ravajack, David and all others. What is it? :-;
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav slotcar7 20 maj 2010, 17:38

Hi guys, you're unbelievable.. :beer:

First, thanks to you Ravenjack: at least now we know for sure how a Welkut set looked like..like HM would say: "Your help is greatly appreciated" :D

And a big thanks to you too, Crewe Alex, you're provinding a lot of useful news as well.. :up: ..to be honest, i've never heard about Tomland or Talbot Toys, so..i'm waiting.. :D !

About Pedenco, some months ago i just missed a set on ebay us :-x , and the slot looked better than those one in Bernard's site (by the way, it's true there're a lot of mistaken attributions and mispellings on that website..)..about the identification of the pedenco/cragstan slots, i think that, anyway, we're talking about some slots toy-like, so i just feel that the makers of those models just took "inspiration" from the real cars that were on the road in those days, and after they just "elaborated" their own models, being overall careful about the production's costs..maybe, in some slot they just put together a detail from a Ferrari and another one from a Chevrolet, just to make the slot more attractive for the public and cheaper to produce..!

In fact, in my opinion, the car that Bernard says it's a Ferrari, has got actually something that remembers a Ferrari GTO or 275 from the Sixties, but at the same time the final result is more likely to be a Chevrolet or another US car! Actually, Crewe Alex, can you tell me the website of this German guy? Cheers.. :beer:

To finish, here some pictures of a set that is going for sale on a Japanese website auction: Ladies and Gentleman, a 1/24 Kogure from the Sixties..tell me that it's just wonderful.. :w00t:
Bild
Bild

Other blood will flow, i know it.. :)
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Ravajack 20 maj 2010, 22:56

slotcar7 skrev:can you tell me the website of this German guy?

Here you go:
Bild
German guy
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav guadeloupe 20 maj 2010, 23:19

slotcar7 skrev: First, thanks to you Ravenjack

Ravajack, why dont you call yourself Ravenjack? That sounds cooler. ;-)
Vissa bilar behöver mer kärlek än andra
guadeloupe
Slotracer

Inläggav Crewe Alex 21 maj 2010, 00:06

Ravajack skrev:
slotcar7 skrev:can you tell me the website of this German guy?

Here you go:
German guy

Georg is a great guy. If your German isn't top notch then he communicates well in English.
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Crewe Alex 21 maj 2010, 10:24

slotcar7 skrev:4 - Zee - Hong Kong, 60s

About Zee I haven't found out anything else than what Bernard writes "MAKER OF 1/24 SLOT CARS IN THE 1960S. THESE ARE RARE CARS."
Maybe a sharp eye can see if it's a cheap copy of some Japanese brand. It would be my guess anyway. The only other reference I can make, but it's probably a long shot, is that in the discussions on slotforum.com about the Kitty cars it's suggested by PdL that parts were originally from Hong Kong and there were not many makers for 1/24 cars. "I believe that all was made in Japan and Hong Kong..."

The Zee car:
Bild

And now for something different: Talbot Toys. Well actually it's all made in Hong Kong and the track parts probably by Artin. At least it's a copy of it. It was released in France in 1983 and as far as I know only sold in France and maybe Belgium. It's obvious what it is so I just show you the pictures of my set: :D

Bild
Bild
Bild

As you can see it's possible to build pit stop and a cute surrounding. And just bring out your hidden Smurfs and you have a great display. :-P You should be able to find it at the French eBay.
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Ravajack 21 maj 2010, 13:09

For the historic minded: Some info on british pioneer Charles Woodland that proposed for model car racing with electric motors (”electrotor”) on a track with a slot recessed in the surface (the ”Woodland groove”) already as early as in the mid-1930's. Real slot racing was thus a reality long before the intermediate step with rail racing in the 1940's and 1950's!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Last but not least, a smaller but easier to look-and read version of the first page of the article:
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Ravajack 21 maj 2010, 13:13

Some more info on Charles Woodland and his early slot car project can be found in this book:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Lasse1930 21 maj 2010, 21:48

slotcar7 skrev:..... Ladies and Gentleman, a 1/24 Kogure from the Sixties..tell me that it's just wonderful.. :w00t:

Knees are week, heart's pumpin', absolutely amazing. The 300 Gullwing looks fabulous! Best of luck if you're bidding!
To finish first, you must first finish!
Användarvisningsbild
Lasse1930
Testförare

Klubb: Tjockhult Racing Society

Inläggav slotcar7 23 maj 2010, 17:05

Hi guys, I won.. :beer: :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

And, luckily, it hasn't been that expensive as i feared, just a bit more than 250 euros..i saved a bit of money, for my wife's happiness.. :D

david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Lasse1930 23 maj 2010, 19:27

Congrat's David!
A Kogure set and a happy wife! Normaly it's one or the other!
To finish first, you must first finish!
Användarvisningsbild
Lasse1930
Testförare

Klubb: Tjockhult Racing Society

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Bilbana & allmänt